Home : Notices

Call Portage County Sheriff's Office at 715-346-1400 regarding all trees blocking roadway  OR  road/culvert wash outs.

Animal Control Issues: Call Portage County Humane Society @ 715-344-6012 after hrs. 715-346-1400

State that you are a resident of the Town of Eau Pleine


All burning barrels must have a permit.  In addition, all trash pile or grass burns must also have permits. 

Permits may be obtained by calling 1-888-947-2876 or locations listed below.

You must call 1-888-947-2876 to learn if burning is allowed on the day that you want to burn.  When asked what county you are inquiring about, our county number is 50. 

REMINDER:  Open Burning is not a right, it is a privilege and it can be taken away.  You are responsible for damages and costs if your fire gets away.

 Always call Portage County Sheriff's Department - non-emergency 715-346-1400) to let them know that you are burning trash pile or grass.

Permits may be obtained from:

   Dock of Dubay 3-6 p.m. Wed. - Friday: 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. Sat. & Sun.
   Mead Wildlife Center: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Mon. - Thurs.
   Halder Bridge Bar: 10 a.m.-11 p.m. Sun.-Thurs. 10 a.m.-2:00 a.m. Fri. & Sat.